|Published||August 13, 2022|
|Location||La Grange, IL|
With over 45 locations in 17 states and nearly 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
Our customers can count on us for same or next-day delivery of over 30,000 products from the top names in the industry right to their job site with no minimum order requirement. At the heart of what we do is building long-term, meaningful relationships. Whether it is our customers, suppliers, or our associates, everyone is a part of the Colony family!
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
The NetSuite Developer will be responsible for troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as finance, operations, supply chain, and other business units. The NetSuite Developer/Administrator is also responsible to define, develop, test, analyze, maintain, and improvement of in-house and, vendor-provided software applications. The Developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the systems development life cycle. Additional duties include:
Strategy & Planning
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research into software application products and services in support of business requirements.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Technical point of contact for our ERP application (NetSuite) and provide hands-on support for NetSuite users.
- Design and implement technology solutions in NetSuite modules according to business and stakeholder requirements from various departments.
- Architect, design, build and deliver NetSuite solutions for optimizing the usability and functionality of the system including customization and configuration (via Suite Script, Suite Talk, Suite Flow, and Suite Cloud), integration, and support case resolution.
- Ensure systems integrations with NetSuite are built for scale to align with the growth of the company while maintaining accuracy and completeness of data flowing into NetSuite from our e-commerce platform, fulfillment center, and other third-party systems.
- Work with the NetSuite and implementation partner teams on automating data integrations with NetSuite.
- Stay ahead of the new NetSuite features and functionality, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in technical design/code reviews & audits to ensure design objectives are met and standards are followed.
- Maintain user roles/access and assign appropriate permissions/levels of access.
- Build/maintain user interface entry forms, as well as email and PDF templates.
- Work with end users on usability/ Help Desk issues.
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 5 years of related work experience.
- Education and/or certifications with significant experience in SDLC and project management are desired.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise applications, including at least 2 years of experience with the day-to-day technical management and implementation of the NetSuite Oneworld platform required. Certified NetSuite Administrator preferred.
- Understanding of NetSuite ERP workflow (SuiteFlow, SuiteFlex, SuiteTalk) functionality and processes.
- Experience generating saved searches, formulas, standard reports, custom reporting, forms within NetSuite, as well as dashboards, KPI’s and other customizations of the user’s home page.
- Experience in user and role creation and management.
- Experience using forms, fields, custom records, and workflows to manage unique business process requirements within the ERP system.
- NetSuite Suite Bundle packaging, installation, and upgrades.
- Data import and export using CSV, API’s, or other methods between NetSuite and 3rd party systems.
- Strong understanding of common industry-standard business practices in accounting, supply chain, distribution, and warehouse management.
- Related experience with 3rd party tools and add-ons like Boomi, Avalara, Celigo, Docupeak, and Descartes a plus.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Please note Colony Hardware is unable to provide sponsorship of a work visa now or in the future.
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.