|Published||June 16, 2022|
|Location||Salt Lake City, UT|
Director, ERP (NetSuite)
The Director, ERP (NetSuite) is responsible for the successful business transformation of Tireco’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system solution, NetSuite. The scope of the program includes both technology and business transformation across the domains of Warehouse Management & Operations, Supply Chain Management and high-volume eCommerce.
In this role, the Director will provide the necessary leadership for the overall design of the ERP systems solutions architecture and implementation, to include breaking components of the existing system out from within NetSuite’s and integrating third party solutions in their place. For instance, architecture to remove NetSuite’s WMS system and integrate a third party system in its place.
They will supervise integrated solution design, configuration and development tasks that include not only the technology architecture but also the related business processes and information management required for the design and roll out to be successful. This requires strong leadership of both internal Tireco staff and external implementation partners.
In close partnership with Wholesale Operations, Supply Chain, eCommerce, and Brand Management Business Owners, this position is responsible for the implementation of standardized business processes across the organization and ensuring that they are maintained and adhered to consistently by their respective business units. They will be a key driver of change across the whole organization and will be accountable for supporting enterprise change management, communications and training through the Project Management Office.
Tireco is looking to modify its existing NetSuite implementation to be a high-performance operating model capable of deploying and sustaining the use of this business-critical platform across 30+ warehouse locations throughout the country. The position will work closely with the business and IT leadership teams serving as an expert resource, bringing forth opportunities to leverage the ERP solution to support the efficient running and growth of our organization.
The individual will work in collaboration with current IT and Business Leadership to manage both domain-specific work streams as well as establish and maintain an integrated approach that ensures all functional areas work seamlessly together.
This role reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), with day-to-day collaboration with assigned Business Analysts and Development Team members. The position will also work closely with each of the functional Business Owners for the project.
- ERP System and Business Integration Owner: Drive a coordinated approach to ERP-related business process changes and technical system integration across all related ERP domains to ensure the integrity of the overall design. Coordinate the contributions of external consultants, business functional leads, project managers, as well as business and IT leaders and field SMEs from Wholesale Operations, Supply Chain, and eCommerce and Brand Management as well as other stakeholders from across the Tireco organization.
- Responsibility for Tireco’s ERP Solution Architecture: Understand business drivers and business capabilities (current and future state), and determine corresponding ERP solution architecture design and change requirements to drive Tireco’s targeted business outcomes. Provide subject matter expertise and leading edge-thinking on trends, methodologies, tools, and techniques that will be useful to ERP program activities and the Tireco organization as a whole.
- Own and Oversee Technical Configuration Work: Ensure ERP design and configuration work is being conducted based on a well-developed ERP solutions architecture and a detailed set of business, functional and technical requirements.
- Oversee Needed Business Transformation Work: Works closely with the Operations - Supply Chain, HR and IT - Finance, and Brand Management organizations to develop standardized business processes. Manage and resolve complex business issues arising from the implementation of new processes or procedures, escalating decisions as appropriate to IT and Business Leadership as needed.
- Manage ERP Business Owner and Executive Sponsor Decision Making Process: Support and prepare for ERP Steering Committee Meetings. Attend Business Owner Meetings and ensure the efficiency of ERP decision-making process. Works as a part of the IT leadership team on the ERP direction, assuring process, people and technology alignment.
- Provide ERP Change Management Oversight: Ensure change management is being effectively planned and managed and that stakeholder engagement, communication, and all levels of required training is being effectively executed. Ensure the change management is fully integrated into ERP deployment planning and rollout strategy and plan.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Position directly supervises: ERP Enterprise Architect & ERP Enterprise Development Team
- Experience / Education: 10 or more years of experience related to ERP systems implementation and operations (preferably NetSuite), with clear demonstration of progressive achievement and growth in ERP program management experience.
- Previous management consulting experience delivering increasingly complex ERP systems implementations in supply chain, logistics, or wholesale preferred.
- Successfully led at least two large, complex, full-lifecycle ERP implementations utilizing NetSuite in a supply chain, logistics or wholesale company
- Three to five years of leadership responsibility managing midsize to large teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Project and/or program management certification and/or lean process improvement (i.e., Six Sigma) certification preferred but not required.
Skills / Competencies
- Strong understanding of financial and supply chain operational process flows (i.e., order to cash, procure to pay, record to report), both conceptually and within the NetSuite product.
- Ability to develop strong partnership with the business community. Self-motivated and a problem solver who can assess and develop strategies for achieving the needs of the user community. Drives operational efficiency and identifies, documents, and monitors key business processes within the scope of ERP needed to achieve successful business results. Analyzes, maps and documents processes and develops a framework for process standardization and improvement
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and develop written reporting and presentational content with level-appropriate messaging up to and including the senior executive level.
- Ability to lead and direct ERP technical members in line with the goals of the ERP program. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, results orientation and collaboration amongst the team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment, particularly in cross-functional teams across multiple lines of business, over whom there may be no direct authority.
- Experience using project management software tools, such as Jira, and other tools, to effectively lead, manage, monitor and control project activities.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record of applying program management principles, practices and techniques with a strong results orientation.
- Takes calculated risks to achieve desired results faster.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.